Recently Wi-Fi positioning systems are gaining popularity in pervasive computing and machine learning community. However, collecting a sufficient amount of calibration data is rather tedious and time consuming, especially indoor scenarios where GPS coverage is unavailable. To alleviate this problem, we present a semi-supervised learning from “route-annotated data”, where a human walks to collect radio signal strength (RSS) values while route information is annotated independently. The basic idea is to allocate temporary location information to each RSS values by using route information as dynamic programming, thereby many conventional machine learning methods become adaptable. Experimental results with real-world deployment demonstrate the practical utility of the method.
Projects Frustratingly Simplified Deployment in Wi-Fi Localization via Route Annotation.
Frustratingly Simplified Deployment in Wi-Fi Localization via Route Annotation.
Comments are disabled for this post
- Presenting our paper on Efficient Indoor Localization Model Construction by Sequential Recommendation of Data Gathering Position based on Bayesian Optimization at IPIN2021 2021/11/29
- Adaptive incremental beacon placement optimization for crowd density monitoring applications 2021/11/01
- Presenting 2 papers at ACM SIGSPATIAL 2021 2021/11/01
- Fine-grained Urban Dynamics Prediction using Large-Scale Mobile Phone Location Data 2021/10/05
- Robustifying Wi-Fi localization by Between-Location data augmentation 2021/09/28
- Our paper on robustifying Wi-Fi localization by “Between-Location” data augmentation has been published in IEEE Sensors Journal 2021/09/17
- Driving behavior modeling at un-signalized intersection with inverse reinforcement learning on sequential MDPs 2021/07/12
- Presenting our paper on driving behavior modeling with inverse reinforcement learning at un-signalized intersection on sequential MDPs on IV2021 2021/07/07
- Presenting our paper on fine-grained urban dynamics prediction with hierarchical Bayes on PAKDD 2021 2021/05/11
- New members of April 2021 2021/04/07